We want to keep you safe! Please see below for ZUMIX’s policies around COVID-19, including capacity limits, masking, contact tracing and sanitizing.
What to expect when you come into ZUMIX:
- Please enter through the front door on Sumner St. and exit through our side door on Orleans St.
- Each program space within ZUMIX will maintain a room capacity to ensure 6 foot spacing between participants. Capacities are noted on the doors of each room.
- Face masks, fully covering the nose and mouth, will be required upon entrance and at all times when participating in ZUMIX programs, indoors and outdoors. We will expect all instrumentalists to wear a mask, unless they are actively playing an instrument that requires removing it.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands upon coming inside, before touching equipment and instruments.
- Surfaces in program spaces will be sanitized between classes.
- The front stairs will be utilized for going up. The rear stairs will be utilized for going down.
- Young people are encouraged to bring their own instruments, where possible. Shared instruments and tools will be cleaned after each session.
Health Communications + Tracing
[updated January 2022 in accordance with CDC recommendations]
If you are feeling unwell and experiencing any of the symptoms below, please stay home and contact your facilitator to let them know you will be absent:
- fever at any time in the previous 24 hours
- dry cough
- shortness of breath
- muscle aches
- sore throat
If you come into close contact* with anyone who has tested positive for COVID, please inform your facilitator or supervisor. Each staff member will report the case to the Review Team [Corey DePina, Program Director; Brittany Thomas, Director of Creative Media + Technology; Chrissy Holt, Director of Finance + Administration], who will communicate with your family.
If you have not received your eligible booster vaccine and experience close contact, please stay home and receive a PCR COVID test five days following exposure. You can get a free COVID test from the East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, even if you are not a patient. To schedule, call 617-568-4500 or visit www.ebnhc.org. After a negative COVID test and five days of quarantine, youth and staff will be welcome to return to program activities at ZUMIX.
If you have received your full vaccination and eligible booster vaccine and experience close contact but have no symptoms, please keep your mask on at all times while at ZUMIX and receive a PCR COVID test five days following exposure.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID, please inform your facilitator or supervisor. Please do not return to ZUMIX for five days and/or until a health professional has cleared you from isolation. If there is a positive case of COVID within the ZUMIX community, all families will be notified in accordance with ADA and HIPAA policies.
*Close contact is defined by the CDC as being within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
To ensure that our whole community has a smooth return to seeing each other face to face, it will take each of us committing to COVID health guidelines from the CDC and State of MA. We appreciate your proactive communication to ensure we can provide a welcoming space during this time of pandemic.